Sunday, 11 April 2010

Nostalgia

I remember when I was younger and every year, before the new school year would start, I would go shopping with my mother and buy new stationary, folders, notebooks etc.

Today, although I wasn't with my mother, I felt like a little kid again.

Classes start tomorrow for me. So I decided to go buy a few new things for school.....

I couldn't choose which pen was better, the latest one with the "OSUSUME (recommended)" sign on it or the one that can be erased. I couldn't choose what colour folder to buy. I couldn't choose whether I should get a new pencil case (even though the one I have right now is relatively new!) I was constantly picking up things and putting them back.

It made me really nostalgic!! I kinda miss those days when the new year would begin and everyone would show off their latest purchases! I remember being jealous many times! *hehe*

Anyways, although I did feel like a kid, I realised how times have changed and how grown up I have become! I actually thoroughly thought about each item and whether I would use it or not! I put back the things I already had (something I would NEVER do when I was a kid!) I didn't buy a whole set of pens (something I LOVED!) I guess I have become more sensitive to the value of money! Thank God!

However, one thing that seemed the same was the way I felt! Excited and nervous! Excited about the new things I would learn! And nervous that I wouldn't be able to keep up! I guess these feelings never change.

The folders and stationary I bought today!

I got these notebooks at Costco!! 9 for like 1000 yen I think?!! I love that it's so simple!!

So tomorrow I have French and English Composition! I love French so I couldn't be more excited but English Composition with a bunch of people that are pro at English kinda scares me! But I think I'm just gonna have to face reality and realise that my English is never gonna be top level!! I guess that's what will make me work harder though!!

Anyways, how about you guys?! Have you started classes yet? Did you buy new stuff for school?!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment