Why do we fear death so much?
What is it about death that really scares us?
And it really made me think.
I am not all that scared about my own death just because if and when I die, I am not going to feel anything after. I am not religious or spiritual so to me there is no life after death. I will just peacefully lay in my coffin.
However, what scares me is the death of others, the death of loved ones. My teacher during class was like "Imagine if your parents or siblings died" And as a teacher this may be a very wrong thing to say but I did, I imagined and it was just too painful. It took a whole lot of effort to hold back tears. I just cannot imagine what my life would be like. And it pains me to think that people all over the world, at this second, this minute are losing people they love very much.
Usually I keep these feelings to myself but today, I decided to post this just because I think it is important to think of it once in a while. Trust me, you'll look at your family and friends in a different way. I think we tend to forget that people we love can slip away any moment.
In about a month, it will be a year since Sasada Sensei passed away. To many of us, his death was very sudden and shocking. We were all devastated. But thinking about it now I realise that during my last days in high school, not many people talked about him. Not because they had forgotten about him but because it is a Japanese feature to not talk about loved ones who have passed away.
Well I think it is okay to talk and think about people who have passed away. It is one way of remembering them and honoring them.
July 25th.
Although we will all be in separate places, please do not forget to think about Sasada Sensei.
No comments:
Post a Comment