Tuesday, 30 March 2010

My Graduation Outfit

Because I had never had the chance to wear a dress to a formal event before (prom/formals didn't happen for me!), dressing up and looking good for graduation was a big deal for me.

Finding the perfect dress was such a hassle because I had a firm image of my outfit and no one could change that. My dress couldn't just be any dress, it had to be THE dress. That is how I felt. *haha*

I just couldn't stop imagining myself in a strapless, tight LBD (Little Black Dress), black jacket and hot pink wedge pumps.

The black jacket I found relatively easily. My sister, my mum and I went to the outlet in Gotenba and found a perfect fit from BCBG.


BUT all the LBDs that I came across had way too much detail or worse, none at all and the hot pink wedge pumps, I never came across.

And after shopping for days, weeks and months, I gave up. *haha* Well, to be exact, I just couldn't be f**ked to go out for a full day and look through racks of clothes and tons of shoes.

So I opted for a black high waisted skirt, a cute cheetah print top and black Christian Louboutin like shoes.

The result?! Two words.

NOT BAD!




BCBGeneration Jacket


+



Forever 21 Top


+



ZARA skirt


+



Kari Ang Pumps
=


Although sometimes I do wish that I had chosen a dress, I was/am pretty satisfied with this outfit. Plus, I think it was an appropriate outfit for a valedictorian! Don't you think?

Ciao!

P.S

For the after party, I just changed my top, skirt and accessories!

Tank top = Kitson

Skirt = American Apparel

Necklace = Some shop (Mastina or something) in Lumine Est

With my partner in crime, Yurina!

No comments:

Post a Comment