Friday, 2 July 2010

Good Vibrations

I am so glad this week is finally over. You don't know how long I have been waiting for this.
This week has just been super hectic with tons of homework and very little sleep.

On Monday, I went to this Table For Two meeting.
I am in this circle called Table For Two (a.k.a TFT).
Basically what this organization does is:
  1. Provide the people in Japan with healthy meals. Stores and restaurants that have introduced the TFT system sell meals that are healthy, organic and well-balanced .
  2. Provide lunch for the children in Africa who go to school but are unable to eat. From every single meal that is sold in Japan, whether in a restaurant or a school cafeteria, TFT will donate 20 yen to the children in Africa. They do not give the money directly to school. Instead, they provide lunch.

It really is a wonderful organization and I'm so glad that I joined. I hope that I can contribute more to this circle in the near future.

On Tuesday, I had a Fundamentals of Religion quiz......again. So on Monday after the meeting (that ended at 9:30) I went home and studied all night. Although I was only able to get 3 hours of sleep, it was totally worth it because I got full marks. Yay!

And that night was the Japan VS Paraguay game, so obviously I watched it. Had to wake up at 5 the next morning so once again I only got 3 hours of sleep. But this too was totally worth it. I am actually for once, really proud of the Japanese football team. I think they are different this time and am so happy that they were able to prove to the world that they are capable of playing really good and professional football! Well Done Team Okada!


On Wednesday, I have class 1st period so I left home at like 7:45 only to find that the Keio Line was delayed. 60 minutes. Yeah. Seriously. It ruined my whole day. I was in such a bad mood.

And then, I came home and had a 1,500 word essay waiting for me.

So I did that all night. Slept at 3, woke up at 6.
On Thursday, after English Composition, I literally ran back home and had a long nap. I think I slept for like 6 hours.

For dinner, my family and I celebrated our 6th year anniversary! It's been 6 long years since we first came to Japan.

My mummy made her delicious lasagna and spear ribs as well as her top class salmon salad and some other things.



I still can't believe it's been 6 years already. It's funny because everyone actually forgot about it until my mum told us. I guess it means that we have fully adapted to life in Japan!!

It's been a tough 6 years but definitely a special 6 years. My family has grown so close since we moved here and I couldn't ask for anything more!! I LOVE MY FAMILY!!

And yesterday, I celebrated Mina's birthday with the usual crew and then met up with Yurina for dinner. We ate Eggs N Things. It was amazing!

Tiramisu Cake I bought for her from Antenor.
Was Delicious!

The Birthday Girl

Eggs N Things.
Top: Yurina's dinner
Below: My dinner. The chorizo was amazing.

Pancake with Whipped Cream and Banana.
One word. HEAVEN.

Yurina + Marina

This week was definitely a busy and tiring week. But when you have an amazing family and friends, you get through it!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment