Tuesday, 4 May 2010

"You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore"

So I have decided to study in France from the second semester of my second year for a year.

I have yet to talk to my parents about this decision but I have been thinking about it ever since university started and researching what I need to know about studying in France.

I always seem to back out on things at the last minute but I am more than ready to step out of my box, step out of my comfort zone and go to a country that I have NEVER been to before and start a whole new life.

The reason why I am so eager to leave Japan is not because I hate Japan. I have learnt to like Japan and I do not think it is a bad country at all.

However, I love the world outside, or the thought of the world outside Japan too much.

I love getting to know people from different countries and cultures. I love learning new languages, even if it's just a phrase or even a word. I love visiting places I have never been to before.

The fact that there are tons of different lifestyles out there that we don't know anything about is just so exciting and thrilling you know?!

Although I am sure that I will face many problems and am fully aware that it's not going to be an easy journey, I am willing to go if it means that it will transform me into being a more broad-minded, knowledgeable and responsive person.

I plan to talk about it with my parents soon. It's not like they don't know that I'm interested in studying abroad. I have been telling them ever since middle school but we've never talked about it seriously so......that must be done first.

And then, I have to consult with several teachers at school. They need to "accept" me to the studying abroad program.

And, if all goes well, next summer I will be on a plane, off to France! How exciting!

Ciao!

Or should I say, Salut!


No comments:

Post a Comment